- According to the method of production
- The nature of the coating
- Main types of finishing tiles in the kitchen
Stacking technology is different types of tile coverings. Tile floor for kitchen should be chosen taking into account size and characteristics of the kitchen space. In addition, special attention should be paid to the strength of the coating, since the tile layer is exposed to constant mechanical stress and pressure.
There are many types of floor tiles for the kitchen. Let’s know more about each of them.
For example, the manufacturing method comprises:
- extruded, which is made by pressing on special equipment. It is made from plastic charge material comprising a large number of coupling elements and fillers. Matrix installed on the device for pressing, give pieces of tiles of desired shape and size. After forming the coating is subjected to firing. After the procedure of roasting, its surface acquires a high strength;
- extruded that is created by extruding the clay composition through the hole, giving the tiles a standard form.
The type of coating is:
- glazed, that is, characterized by a shiny, glassy finish. This tile has a glossy surface, because in the process of making it is covered with colored glass. The glass layer makes the surface shiny and also gives it a certain color and may contain a figure. The glossy finish makes it high strength and attaches the property of moisture resistance. These qualities increase the practicality of floor tiles and increase its service life;
- unglazed is a tile that has a homogeneous structure. To create a satin coating a certain color pigments used. Matte unglazed tile type has no patterns on its surface.
Clinker or ceramic tile, is created with a single firing of the raw materials. It is characterized by high density and fine grain structure, has no voids, therefore is a long period of time without cracking and chipping.
Such wear resistant ceramic floor tiles for kitchen has different types of surfaces, namely:
- relief that can simulate natural stone;
- mosaic, resembling the mosaic of clay;
- anti-slip on the surface of which is coated with a non-erasable pattern with notches.
Granite tiles as floor tiles for the kitchen is applied in areas with complex operating conditions. Coating stands up well to high shock loads, internal stress, ultraviolet light, chemicals, acids and alkalis, as well as sudden changes in temperature.
Soft materials are made from PVC and vinyl. They represent a polymeric tile coating semi-rigid construction. Bonding agents for polymers to serve a variety of resins and fillers.
In appearance the vinyl coating can fully imitate natural wood, pebbles, sand or the skin. They can cause three-dimensional images and patterns.
Even cheap floor tiles for kitchen can dramatically transform the appearance of the kitchen space if you use it correctly. For example, the overall color tone of tile flooring can match with the color of the walls or pieces of kitchen furniture.
You can use a contrast solution, stacking black with white. The pattern of a chessboard black and white floor tiles will make the kitchen unusual. It will visually expand the space in the room.
The wizard can pick a unique tile coating with a pattern. Tile with geometric pattern, or the imitation of marble stones give the floor a luxurious look. Some owners prefer to install kitchen tile with built-in LEDs. This coating allows light into the building from below, giving him an extraordinary appearance.
Before heading to the hardware store to buy floor tiles for the kitchen, the master must figure out the rules of choice of materials.
You should carefully browse the catalogs submitted vendors. You must follow the brand. High popularity of European and Spanish floor tiles for kitchen. Floor tiles for kitchen from Europe is considered of sufficient quality, it has reasonable price.
Attention: Buyer need to check the hardness of the tile. The most stable are considered class 3 and 4. This tile will withstand not only high pressure, but processing of the active chemicals. Class durability of a tiled covering, as a rule, recorded on the packaging materials.
Tile size is chosen based on the parameters of the kitchen. Some masters used to decorate different size to select small areas in the room.
For laying tile coating specialist will be required to have the following tools and materials:
- rubber spatula;
- wooden and rubber hammer;
- notched trowel;
- separation elements;
- silicone sealant;
- tile adhesive;
- putty mixture.
From the proper preparation of a surface on which to lay the tiles depends on the durability of the coating.
The preparatory activities also include the leveling of the floor surface, if there are any irregularities. For leveling it is recommended that the screed. The floor is filled with the mixture and left to dry.
Laying of floor tiles for kitchen includes several consecutive steps, namely:
- the marking of territory. This stage involves pre-planning the layout of tiles on the floor. The tiles should be spread on the floor and make sure that all parts fit in size and shape. The markup helps to establish the location of the elements, complex patterns and ornaments;
- preparation of the adhesive composition. The mixture was diluted with construction mixer or a drill.
- application of the adhesive to small floor area. After the layer of glue deposited on the floor, on him lay the tile. This should be done without haste.
- when laying the tiles need to scroll a bit to the sides for even distribution of glue. After that, she firmly fixed on the floor surface. Floor space is gradually filled;
- in the joints between the tiles set the plastic frogs. TIC is removed when the adhesive hardens. The contour of the room left a gap of 1 cm is provided by wooden wedges, which are mounted on the perimeter;
- on the stitches applied to the grout. To do this, use a rubber spatula. Half an hour after applying the grout is removed with a damp cloth;
- after 7 days the wizard can remove the wedges, fill the holes chopped rubber and polystyrene. Then put the baseboard.
Presented video demonstrates the rules and the stage of laying the tiles in the kitchen.