Polyurethane foam is one of the most commonly used materials in construction. Its unique properties provide high-quality insulation and further reinforce the structure. Moreover, using the PPU can process premises inside and outside. Further evidence of its effectiveness are numerous testimonials professional and non-professional builders.
Judging by the reviews and technical properties of polyurethane foam can provide a number of advantages possessed by this material for insulation:
- Surface treatment with polyurethane foam for insulation is not formed seams and cracks. As a result, the coefficient of heat loss is much lower than the plates with extruded polystyrene or other similar material.
- Polyurethane foam for insulation according to the reviews of both experts and ordinary owners of buildings with such treatment — provides excellent soundproofing.
- In most cases, the layer of polyurethane foam 50 mm is sufficient to provide quality insulation.
- Transporting substances costs way cheaper than plates. The whole point of compactness of both the installation and material.
- PPU can be used at temperatures from -150 to +220 degrees Celsius. So it can be used in construction in any part of the world. Moreover, scientists are actively using the substance in the creation of the aerospace technology.
- The use of the material allows to greatly strengthen the roof.
- High thermal inertia allows the polyurethane foam for insulation to keep heat indoors even with the strong winds. This is evidenced by the numerous reviews of the owners of houses of cold regions.
- Polyurethane foam has low water absorption coefficient. No wonder it is often used to create a reliable waterproofing. Thanks to this property the substance has been widely used in the decoration of roofs.
- When applied polyurethane foam using special equipment. A significant part of it is the gun with which you can adjust the deposition rate. This greatly speeds up installation and makes it more economical, at least talking about it reviews.
- The substance has a high heat resistance and biological neutrality. It is safe for the environment and for humans, but spraying should be carried out in a mask and goggles. Otherwise there can be serious consequences. As you can see from the reviews.
- The life of polyurethane foam for insulation can reach 50 years.
According to reviews and expert opinions PUF insulation has many advantages. If to speak about those who gave him a key advantage in the market, it is the speed of installation and ease of transportation.
It is separately necessary to tell about those benefits for industrial facilities. Take, for example, grain storage and vegetable storage. These objects are often susceptible to attack by rodents and insects. But the biological properties of the polyurethane allow it to be an insurmountable obstacle to the first and second.
Unfortunately, in spite of the outstanding advantages of polyurethane foam insulation has its disadvantages:
- Material vulnerable to UV rays. Under their action, observed the rapid destruction of the structure. However, about this you can read all of the reviews.
- It is not recommended to use polyurethane when it is necessary to insulate the roof, consisting of corrugated steel sheeting or siding. The fact is that due to the lack of clearance condensate begins to form. As a result, the surface of the roof collapses. But the reviews on this issue is largely contradict each other.
- The price of the material is not so low. Moreover, his deposition will need to rent or buy special equipment.
At first glance, the disadvantages of polyurethane foam used for insulation is much less than advantages. But not so simple. Judging by the reviews, most of the downsides of this substance disappears or quite simply eliminated.
Take, for example, a quick destruction under the black light. Enough to take the paint and apply it to the polyurethane for insulation to the life of the matter lasted for several decades. Moreover, there are other alternative ways of protection. Suffice it to recall the plaster.
Now, with respect to prices. If calculated in cubes of polyurethane foam for insulation required is much less than the same extruded polystyrene. The average savings is about 20 percent. If you remember on the reduction of transportation costs and the hiring of workers, the level of saving will be even higher.
The fact is that if you use polyurethane foam for insulation, then judging by the reviews, with an area of 400 square meters and can handle about 8 hours. If to process it using slabs of extruded polystyrene need at least three days. This is the account that will work for you seven workers with appropriate skills.
So if you look at reviews, you need workers to perform work in the shortest possible time. In turn, with spray polyurethane foam for insulation can be handled by one person. This is also evidenced by the reviews.
PUF insulation, judging by the reviews has its pros and cons. Fortunately, all of them can be solved if you take the right actions. But to make this possible, you need to fully understand the technical properties of the material.
All polyurethane can be divided into hard and soft. For construction works in most cases, use the first, judging by the reviews. It is great for insulation and is resistant against mechanical impacts of different kinds.
Important technical properties of a material, judging by the reviews, it is possible to rank the corrosion resistance. Moreover, the polyurethane foam is waterproof and able to withstand the influence of aggressive chemical environment.
On the thermal conductivity of polyurethane foam for insulation, you need to know from specialized literature, not reviews. This parameter directly depends on the size of the cells that comprise the basic structure of matter.
This is a good indicator if you need to carry out insulation of the room. This is evidenced by the numerous reviews. Just look at the clay, to understand how high performance polyurethane foam. The thermal conductivity of expanded clay about 0.14 W/m. the foam glass, it is even higher. Even mineral wool does not compare to the polyurethane foam.
The ability to absorb sound depends on several parameters:
We need to mention damping properties. This information is also confirmed by the responses of the professionals, who for many years engaged in the insulation of houses with polyurethane foam.
It is separately necessary to tell about the properties of the polyurethane foam, which manifest themselves upon contact with chemical substances. PPU if you believe the experts can’t break even caustic chemicals. Moreover, he transfers the effects of gasoline, oils, plasticizers, alcohol, and acid.
Another important property of polyurethane foam, based on feedback, is to protect the metal from corrosion. Enough to put foam on the metal and you will get not only high-quality insulation, but also protect the building from destruction.
An important property of polyurethane foam for insulation, judging by the reviews, is a low moisture absorption. The performance of the material is impressive. During the day, the structure will not pull more than three percent moisture. This is a good indicator.
Polyurethane foam is one of the best materials for insulation. This is evidenced by the responses of the professionals and people who use buildings, decorated in such a material. Important confirmation of the great qualities of polyurethane foam are its technical and operational characteristics that are much higher than other materials.