- Disadvantages stretch ceiling
- Methods of installation of suspended structures
- As a self-tensioning mount design?
Stretch ceilings - for decorative and designfunctional finishing the ceiling, consisting of a special metal frame or baguette and a panel that is attached to them. Stretch ceilings can be installed in residential and non-residential premises for any purpose and the area: in the rooms, kitchen, bathroom, hallway, office, educational institutions.
What are the advantages of stretch ceilings?
- Ability to create a perfectly flat ceiling surface of any color and texture in a relatively short time.
- Wide design possibilities.
- The process of mounting tension ceiling does not leave dirt.
- You can apply all kinds of lighting for suspended ceilings.
It is difficult to carry out the installation yourself. Needed special equipment and skills to perform the work correctly. The disadvantages include susceptibility to mechanical damage to the structure by means of a sharp object. Multi-tiered ceiling Tensioning slightly reduces the height of the ceiling.
What are the ceilings?
- Textile or fabric ceilings: profile fastened to the canvas with a knitted polyester weave. The cloth is further impregnated with polyurethane - polymer gives the product the required performance properties.
Installation of the fabric does not require heating andfit to the shape of the room. This coating does not suffer from frost. Design variants - white and colored fabrics, supplied in rolls. Ceiling surface tissue "breathes", unlike PVC film. In the event of flooding is necessary to change all the panel as textiles does not hold water. Textile cloth thicker than PVC film
- The ceilings of PVC film - Easily served cleaning, hold water, characterized by a wide range of colors and textures, "do not like" low temperature, aesthetic:
- Matt ceilings: Create a perfectly smooth coating thatIt fits into any interior. This option is considered a classic - it looks aesthetically pleasing, but does not detract from the decor in the room, and its installation does not take much time.
- Glossy: Create aesthetic ceiling coverage for the most daring design ideas. This option is for rooms in a contemporary style, are presented in various colors. Installation is simple.
In these canvases easier to spot weld line, but due to the mirror surface, you can visually enlarge the room. Stylish look with special lighting.
- satin: Have a lot in common with the matte. The advantage - thanks to a smooth coating can achieve the effect of a dazzling white stretch ceiling. The smooth surface does not create a mirror effect, but easily reflects light and appears pearly.
PVC film more popular option - they are cheaper and more accessible tissue webs.
Important! Glossy PVC film is produced with different widths, but experts recommend a width of 1.8 m. The large width affects the quality of gloss.
Depending on the type of construction is isolated:
- Single storey ceilings - classical style, they are more economical, suitable for small spaces;
- multilevel: used for zoning room, perfectly conceal ceiling noticeable irregularities, provide ample opportunity for creative design, more suitable for large-area rooms. Do not use in rooms with low ceilings. Installing more complex than single-stage.
Modern designers are often used tensile structures such as "starry sky" or a model with photo printing.
On the surface of the web can be applied to anypicture. printing technique involves the patterning of the canvas or - after which they are joined, or coherent surface. Ustanovne not very different from other types of suspended ceilings.
The effect of "starry sky" is achieved by combining the ceiling mount technology and special lighting. This type is perfect for a child's room.
Ceiling painting can be decorated with perforations, made of coated metallic, suede. Popular textured ceilings - wood, natural stone.
The determining factor is the material thatselected for the production of ceiling - textile or PVC film. In the first case, a cold stretching technique. For installation of stretch ceiling PVC film needed a hot stretch with a special "gun" - gas heating device. This device heats the air in the room to 70 degrees, so before starting the installation of the room is better to remove all the items of the plant. Proper use of "guns" for mounting virtually eliminates the possibility of sagging cloth.
Depending on the method by which the web is secured, release:
- Bezgarpunnoe mounting (fabric panels and PVC film) or shtapikovoe.
- Harpoon mounting (PVC film). This technology allows you to set a ceiling painting quickly and easily. This method is versatile, since it allows to work with any configuration and square space. The technology is in the fact that in the manufacturing process for securing the perimeter of the harpoon web - at installation it is firmly fixed in the profile. Experts from around the world have recognized this method is the most reliable and durable. Advantages of the method - the ability to create all kinds of shapes and designs, and the dismantling of the ceiling to re-install. Before installing the necessary measurements on which the web is cut out - it can be any shape. When particularly complex configurations, using computer-aided design.
For reasons of affordability and aesthetic appeal of many choose is PVC film as the material for the installation of a tension structure.
The installation of a stretch ceiling quite troublesome, but using the advice and with the necessary equipment and skills can install a ceiling with his hands.
The simplest case, when the room is not pipes and other communications that come out of the ceiling, and a small square and rectangular shape the room itself.
- The initial phase of the installation of the ceiling - preparation. At this point, the measurements are made - for this purpose you will need a builder's level protractor. With their help, the mark applied - where to mount prints - can be made of metal or platika.
Along the perimeter of the walls we put a zero level and measure angles to exactly docked profile.
- Take the rail and attached to the wall. The profile rail can be longer or shorter than the width of the room. Fixing is done with dowels or screws.
- Using the heater room must be warmed to a temperature no lower than 40 degrees.
- When the room warmed up, you can begin to lay out the film.
Important! Make sure that the "gun" was not close to the film - it can oplavitsya from heat.
- Step pulling the film requires patience andaccuracy action. By the corner moldings, the selected base, attach one corner, then on the diagonal - the second. The same goes with the other two corners of the film. Gradually, the same actions are carried out and to the side.
This is the basic film ceiling mount technology.
Installation requires painting, acquired byroom size. The procedure is simple - a fabric impregnated with a mixture of polyurethane, is attached to the profile. The installation can be made with your own hands - the installation process of the tissue web is easier than PVC film.
- To begin with, as in the case of PVC film, set profile - clip-or U-shaped.
Most used clip-on type of fastening - with himeasier to handle without much experience of repair and installation work. In addition, the clip-on method gives more reliable results and stronger, and, accordingly, your suspended ceiling will be more durable. Fastening of this type are made from a high strength plastic.
U-shaped mounting (shtapikovy, wedge) -It requires more skills, in this case, a profile of aluminum. Having enough experience to establish such a fixation is possible to very quickly and easily. Such a method does not differ durability, but its value for efficiency. Disadvantages of the method - shtapik not 100% is firmly fixed in the slot and can fall out.
- After installation, we start pulling the canvas baguette - first fasten the side parts, and then the corners (this fundamental difference between the fabric covering from PVC film).
- Decor with a special lining, installation of lighting.
For many the question arises: what to do in the first place - hang wallpaper or mount the suspended ceiling?
Consider two options - for single and multiple mounts:
- If glazing beads are used as fasteners -It is a one-off fixture that requires first wallpaper paste, and then install the suspended ceiling. In this way, used lining performing a decorative function.
- If the fasteners are using clips -the order of execution of works is not important, because the clip can be removed and secure again, special overlays are not needed. Using clips more practical, between the door and the profile is no gap.
The durability of the coating depends on the correct preparation for the installation process. He graduated from the dirty work remains before installing ceiling cover.
Features trim fabric coating allowto compare it with conventional ceiling - textiles can be painted in any color paint and using a roller, it can be repainted several times. Recommend to use acrylic paints. Demonstrating imagination, you can create a creative patterns on the surface.
Thus, the installation of fabric and filmcoatings available, subject to certain installation rules. Stretch ceilings accentuate style of the room. Single storey structure used in the styles of classical, minimalism, constructivism. Multilevel ceilings relevant in contemporary styles, colorful designs to decorate the room in the Baroque style, zoned space to help in the loft.