Recently suburban allotments were firmly plantedfruit trees and shrubs, and the remaining land is divided into neat beds. Today, eye pleasing not friendly rows of vegetable crops and lawns, gazebos and pools. The beds gave ground elegant flower beds. Rural areas are increasingly used for recreation. In this fantasy, which show the owners of the site, envy and professional designers. That there are, for example, beds of rocks with his own hands constructed caring vacationers. However, knowing the rules of the selection of a suitable stone and methods of its styling, beautiful flowerbed break is not too difficult.
For devices beds from natural stones in the country using a different material. Including:
- Sandstone. Suffice decorative stone with many different shades of gray, yellow, brown and even red. Breathable, but not too durable.
- Limestone. White, gray and even cream limestone rockshave a porous structure. Cracks of rocks filled with earth, and then improvised containers can be used for planting the plants in them. Algae and mosses grow well on limestone.
- Tuff (travertine). Tuff is also a kind of limestone. Plants planted in the hole on the travertine, can grow and beautiful braid stone. For this purpose, ground cover plants.
- Gneiss (slate). Flat plate gneiss can be very attractive green, purple or blue color.
- Granite. This stone is not often used, despite its visual appeal. He is able to strongly acidify the soil. It is used in small quantities.
- Basalt. This amazing stone, thanks to its decorative kind, is often used for decoration and to create flower beds.
- Pebbles. Such generalizing the name of the stones are of different sizes and colors, with a rounded shape. Such stones grinds water, and use them for different types of beds.
- Dolomite. This mineral and rock, which can become a real decoration of any flower bed. Dolomite is used as an ornamental stone often.
Usually choose to create one or flowerbedsseveral large boulders, around which create a composition of smaller stones. Thinking about how to make functional a bed of stones, store and additional materials. For drainage needs sand, gravel and crushed stone large. To prepare mulching bark, peat and fine gravel.
1. Sandstone - a beautiful, but short-lived material; 2. limestone - has a porous structure, it is suitable for growing moss; 3. tuff - is often used for growing ground cover plants; 4. slate - very beautiful stone
1. Granite - a beautiful stone that is used infrequently as acidify the soil; 2. dolomite - is often used as an ornamental stone; 3. basalt - stone, which is always advantageous to look; 4. pebbles - material used not only for flower beds, but also for paving
Overall harmony of space is achieved by adding to a bed of stones decorative tracks or reservoirs, in which the decoration is also used stones. For example, pebbles or marble chips.
If you have to build not just a border ofstones and flower bed the whole, the use of stones of the same type and similar geometry is not a prerequisite. The use of different stones, each of which will bring its own emphasis, can be successful discovery. But do not forget that the main style in the design of the whole garden, flowerbeds and its buildings must be maintained.
There are general rules of beds breakdown, which must be taken into account:
- beautiful flower beds of stones should be placed so that their presence does not interfere with, and to please: for this purpose suitable place along the walls of the house or in the central part of the garden;
- plants need conditions for growth and flowering,therefore, they should pick up on the basis of the same conditions of comfort, such as ferns and periwinkle prefer shaded part of the garden, and marigolds and lupines are light-loving plants;
- with seating plants must take into account their relation to moisture, size and other properties;
- bed itself should be a fairly simple form;
- easier to make one big flower bed than two smaller ones.
The last rule is simply accepted as such, because less effort is not necessarily provide the best result. The number of flower beds and location depends on the overall design of the site.
A small but bright flower bed located near the fence, pleasantly refreshes the site does not interfere with the landscape and walks and leisure gardeners
Flowerbed with the use of stones in the center section forms its own sitting area, which is quite able to replace, for example, gazebo
You can certainly make a regular flower garden anddecorate it with a border made of natural stone, but more often site owners prefer to create high beds of stone. They look more solid and thorough. For such facilities are to be installed stones in several levels until the flower bed wall reaches the desired height.
The device stone beds have to start withfoundation. Take the string, pegs and note the proposed location flower bed accommodation. He had digged in the perimeter trench depth of about 30 cm and a width corresponding to the size of the stones that will be used. You can remove the layer of earth from the entire surface of the future flower bed.
Split a bed of stones is not so difficult: it is necessary to do the foundation, wait until it dries, fill the earth and plant a plant
At the bottom of the resulting depressions can be putpolyethylene or roofing material. Now you can pour a concrete foundation. Stronger than before and ready for use, the foundation will be an excellent basis for stone beds. Lay the stones should be completely dried on the foundation.
Make a flower bed on a concrete base is not necessary. If we restrict the groove around the perimeter of the construction, it is necessary to lay geotextile and fill one-third sand. On hard-packed sand is placed the most massive stones.
Natural stones are not uniform, and it is valuableoriginality of their shapes and sizes. But natural stone leads to the fact that they are hard enough to adjust to each other. The gaps arising between the stones are filled with earth, which should be well compacted. Now the stones are half peek out of the trench, tightly fixed with sand and earth. They will form the basis for the entire structure.
For subsequent laying can be usedsolution. If the bed is made of stones and cement, in its bottom layer should provide drainage holes. In addition, the cement must be used only with the inner surface of the stones to the outside drywall effect persisted.
Flower bed does not have to be outstanding size: even a small flower bed is able to emphasize the style of the site, to make it more comfortable
After hardening of the cement from a garden sprayeron flower bed surface smeared with a special sealant. It prevents the formation of stones in the joints of various cracks. Remember that the desired degree of cement mortar strength is not achieved immediately, but only after a week. It was then, and you can fill the earth and put all prospective plants.
If the construction height does not exceed 60 cm,it is possible to do without cement. The stones are laid dry method, carefully fitting them to each other and filling the voids ground. Low design of the stones did not break, if you try to pick up the stones in shape, minimizing possible voids.