Many childhood dream to have a dog. But in a city apartment is little room for it, but the villa gives the possibility to realize, finally, children's dreams. There will be spacious enough even for large dogs. The dog, who will live here will not only guard and secure the protection of the site. He is a true friend. Dog The main advantage is that it loves its owner for what it is, does not require a reward for their affection. But friendship presupposes mutual care and attention. A good host would not leave without his faithful dog friendly home. Booths for dogs with his own hands - the most reliable way to take care of his friend.
Just as for the guard post, a place for the booth must be carefully chosen:
- Kennel must not be blown by the wind, so the most frequent wind direction is required to be taken into account.
- The place for such housing should be light, but within reach for the dog to be shaded area where the animal could hide in the heat.
- Booths better placed in a dry place - on the hill to below the water could not accumulate.
- Kennel placed near the entrance of the house, on the south side.
- From his observation post dog should see the bulk of the area and the entrance gate (gate).
Last principle of site selection requires specialexplanations. Dog owners whose pets are living with them in apartments, know that dog is always trying to find a position in which it has maximum visibility. Let it even sometimes prevents the owner believes that the dog is confused at his feet. The centuries-old guard instinct causes her to choose the best place for the protection of the host.
Booths better placed in a dry place and on a hill
From his observation post dog should see the bulk of the plot
Winter warm kennel for the dog is not always necessary,even if it is located in the area in winter. It is better to make a universal kennel, which can be operated in the warm and cold seasons. This box shall consist of two parts - a vestibule for the entrance and the bed where the dog will not be afraid of no cold.
When deciding how to make the booth for the dog, notcomplicate himself and his faithful dog life. Should come from his understanding of comfort, not your boundless material possibilities. Stone palaces, artificial lighting and vinyl siding does not need dogs.
Especially loving owners for their pets build entire castles
The animal will feel uncomfortable in such homes
On the surface of the wood should be no bulging knots, no protruding splinters
Usual softwood - the best materialfor the dog house. It is breathable timber will be able to provide the necessary air circulation for the dog, and thus it required microclimate. Wood formed the basis of the booth, you must first prepare: clean up the animal does not get hurt and do not splinter themselves paws.
Note that the service life of softwood is 7-8 years. After this period it is necessary to check the design strength and time to replace defective components.
To build may be required:
- bars in the following sizes (in mm): 100x100, 40x40, 100x50;
- wall paneling;
- ornamental cornices;
- mineral wool or foam;
- galvanized nails;
- antiseptic impregnation type "Senezh";
Booth inside do not need to handle antisepticand other odoriferous substances. Remember that dogs have a more subtle scent than humans. For us, an odd odor may not be noticeable, and the dog, he will torment and annoy.
Of great importance are the size of the booth for the dog. In too large kennel winter will be cold, and in close - neither go nor turn. Therefore, we will build a kennel, based on the individual parameters of our dogs.
better to do individual booth "cut" for every dog - it is necessary to calculate the optimal size
Take measurements and immediately do the calculation:
- The height of the booth is determined on the basis of growthanimal in the shoulder with the addition of the thickness of the expected litter and another 10-15 cm. The dog should move in a booth, his head bowed, and sit in it without touching the ceiling.
- The depth of the kennel should allow the animal to lieon the side, legs stretched out. To determine this parameter, you need to put the dog and measure the distance from the withers to the tips of her front paws, add 10-15 cm.
- The width of the home - a total width of the vestibule andsleeping dog place. The sleeping area can have a width that is 10-15 cm higher than the dog's distance from the nose to the base of its tail. The width of the vestibule is determined depending on the dog's physique. It should be comfortable and go into the booth, and out of it. Sometimes vestibule do more sleeping place, because here in the summer dog can lie on its side, and it winter will rest on a bunk, curled up.
- The height of the entrance hole (manhole) is less than the growth of the dog at the withers by 5-9 cm.
- The width of the manhole should be 5-8 cm wider canine chest.
Driving booth for the dog needed afterthe owner finally decided on the parameters of the future buildings. With this drawing, it will be easier to calculate the need for materials that do not purchase anything extra
So, how to put together a booth for the dog? It is not so difficult, if all the necessary tools and materials at hand. Here is a sample list of works:
- The bottom and the frame. The frame for the bottom of the collecting bars 40x40, afterthen nailed floor boards, taking care not to leave gaps to make it warmer. If the dog is heavy, it is possible to further strengthen the floor bars of 40x40, so it does not sag. In the corners of the finished bottom vertically anchoring bars 100x100. They will form the basis for the walls. Now the design resembles an inverted table. Between the main bars perpendicular to the bottom of the set bars 40x40. They will support the roof, reinforce the wall and will mark the entrance.
- Walls. For plating the outer booth parts is better to use battens, which in contrast to plywood, will not delaminate over time. Fix the trim with galvanized nails with small heads.
- Ceiling. If the booth will be located in an enclosure orroofed, it is possible to do such a ceiling, which is also the roof. If no additional protection from the weather at the kennel is no need to do the ceiling and the roof separately, leaving space between them - "attic". For the ceiling will need plywood in size 40x40 and bars. How to insulate Kennel? Insulate it with mineral wool or foam, paving Pergamino. On top of strengthening the second sheet of plywood. This ceiling is better to make removable, to be able to clean the booth and providing veterinary care to an animal. If the roof is not more, ceiling and roofing material close shingles.
- Waterproofing and insulation. Overturn the structure bottom up. Handle it with antiseptic impregnated roofing felt close and nailed over it optional bars 100x50, which also impregnate "SENEZH". Again overturn structure lining the bottom of Pergamino, then put a heater and then asphalt. We put the finishing floor. Similarly, we insulate walls and sheathe their inside lining. Make a frame for a manhole and a threshold.
- Roof. Initially make roof gables. For perimeter need bars 40x40, affixed inside glassine and top design sheathe clapboard.
- Laz. The inlet is recommended to close the curtain of canvas. That she did not open from the wind, you can sew it to the bottom of the inside small pockets of polyethylene, in which to pour the sand.
Outside the booth can be covered pinotex. This will prolong its life and give the product a pleasant aesthetic appearance.
Antiseptic and waterproofing impregnation use is necessary, otherwise your booth will have one year to rebuild
You can use asphalt as a heater, and it is possible any other material that you prefer
Crate of bunks covered with roofing felt and shingles - is the easiest and cheapest option
Now that we know how to build a kennel for the dog, it remains only to find out how to care for this housing.
The ceiling can be made removable, to be able to clean the booth and providing veterinary care to an animal
Cleaning in the doghouse should be done regularly: at least once a month. Disinfection booth must be carried out on a monthly basis in the summer, spring and winter - once per season. You need to remove scraps, bones, and other similar items, to process the booth of parasites Lysol, formalin or three-percent creolin. Before drying solutions dog should not go into the booth.