Plastic panels now appearuniversal material for finishing a variety of facilities at their destination. Most often they are used for interior decoration. Mounted vertically or horizontally at any angle. This finish can be found in many areas: on ceilings, walls, window slopes. Products are indispensable for finishing of balconies and loggias.
Manufacturers offer a variety of products in its size. Standards are considered indicators of 2700 mm length and 250 mm in width, thickness - 10 mm. But the sale can be seen, and other dimensions:
- Length - 2600, 3000 and 6000 mm.
- Width from 100 mm to 300 mm, further 335, 375 and 500 mm.
- Thickness of 5 to 10 mm, excluding the option 6 and 7 mm.
PVC panels for bathrooms and other facilities can bewith a matte or glossy finish. Gloss on the products is achieved by coating them with a special composition. This varnish. In addition, the following types of products are known:
- printed circuit - drawing deposited by the ink composition;
- Film - coating is applied on the front of the film with a pattern;
- seamless - products tightly adjacent to each other;
- seam - at the intersection of products you can see the gap.
Reviews of PVC consumer panels show the undoubted useful consumer properties of this material for finishing. Its advantages include:
- ease of installation;
- low weight and a low load on the supporting structure;
- fire safety;
- the presence of moldings for the material allows us to give a modern design and the finished appearance, which increases the speed of installation works;
- longevity in use (service life of high quality products is 40 years);
- Easy maintenance - just wipe with a damp cloth material with a detergent;
- the optimal level of insulation;
- excellent sound insulation;
- a wide choice of finishes for consumers.
- A relatively small strength - canbe chipped and defects that limit their scope of use. It is worth noting one thing: there is now a kind of panels used in the facade work. But this is a different kind of building materials, which differs from conventional panels some features. This material is called siding.
- According to the rules of fire safety in emergency exits and hallways, in the rooms, leading to them, it prohibited the use of this finish.
- Layers PVC processes are subject to deformation when a temperature difference of more than 20 degrees.
Selection of high-quality materials: the main recommendations
Wall PVC panels for the bathroom should be of high quality. In order to choose the material, should be guided by specific recommendations:
- Pay attention to the number of ribs inproduct. The more, the more reliable is the chosen material. Stiffeners must be deformed or damaged. Damage can result from improper transport of the finished product to the place of its implementation.
- Pay attention to the front surface of the product: its color should be uniform.
- PVC panels in the bathroom with a pattern must be purchased with a lot number. This eliminates the difference between them in drawings and in color saturation.
Finishing bath panels PVC in the process of purchasing products requires specific tests:
- For bathroom bought room onlywaterproof material: this is due to the functional purpose of this space as a bathroom. The panels are interconnected. It is necessary to see the joint: it should not be seen, and the compound must be reliable.
- On the front cover of the finished product should notbe seen stiffeners. To ensure this, it is necessary to look at the finished product at a sharp angle. Then the user will see a smooth surface without flaws and irregularities. In this case, it is safe to buy stuff.
- The reverse side of the finished product shall not contain extraneous inclusions. This suggests that it is produced from the feedstock.
- Pay attention to the dimensions of the product for compliance with the stated dimensions from producer.
- The price is also necessary to pay attention. The high price - it is not one hundred percent guarantee of quality material, but also on the cheapness can not hope.
installation of the panels on the wall
installation of panels on a crate
PVC panel for the bathroom - a modern material, characterized by practicality and ease of installation. But there are some nuances that need to be considered in the process of finishing the interior:
- Do not use the material in a room with temperature below 10 degrees Celsius.
- If in the process of storage products, it was in an unheated room, then she needs to lie down at room temperature for at least 24 hours.
- If you finish the bathroom PVC panelsoccurs near the towel warmer, the appliance is installed under a heat reflective shield. While fluctuations seams Sizes temperature change by a tenth of a percent. Therefore it is necessary to leave compensating gaps destination in the ceiling and floor at a rate of 3 to 5 mm.
- The preparatory phase. We solve the question about where the panel will be mounted: on a wall or on a crate. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. If the glue material on the wall, the adhesive need. But the walls must be aligned. Crate consists of bars of wood or metal profile. In use, the batten panel tightly fitting to the wall. Therefore, it is not necessary to align. If a decision on the use of wooden crates, it is necessary to pre-treat the bars with special solutions that protect the wood from mold.
- In the case where the installation takes place using materials batten, the second phase is characterized by its construction.
Experts recommend to construct a crate. This is due to high humidity rooms such as bathrooms. It is advisable not to take the wood and metal or plastic profile. The distance between adjacent elements of the crates is not less than 40 centimeters. Reiki crates should be perpendicular to the panels. If the slats are mounted vertically, the crate is parallel to the floor. If you need installation of the horizontal, the crate is located along the wall overlap. Diagonal installation material - a rarity in these areas. This is due to the fact that bathrooms are not many large area differ. And in rooms small size diagonal installation of PVC panels looks out of place.
- Mounting products. The work is divided into several stages:
- starting profile is fixed with screws or stapled in the corner, which begins with the installation of panels;
- starting in the corner profile (lower) set mounting shelf panels, it is narrow and oriented in the direction of motion of work;
- After the first panel in the locking groove of the starting corner, it must be secured to the sheathing by means of a method which will be selected (screws, nails, staples);
- The following installation is the same way: a narrow shelf products introduced in the previous slot, after which it is attached to the crate.
Repair bathroom PVC panels - a processeffortless, but it can not even master the professional. Viewed material has a lot of useful consumer properties that determines its demand and widespread use. The panels in the bathroom must be chosen carefully, the main condition for buying can be considered the acquisition of water resistant models, designs and colors that are diverse. Each owner will be able to purchase these products in specialized stores easily. The cost of PVC panels for the bathroom is low compared with the materials intended for interior decoration.