Decorating the walls with plaster mixtures of various kinds, be it on the basis of plaster or cement - the most common way to finish walls and buildings.
In our time, when there are technologies in place,plaster walls - the most common way of finishing houses, which mainly consists of gypsum or cement base. What plaster should I choose? Surely this question went to the head of each, whose house is soon going to "upgrade." During finishing of houses, it does not matter, be it internal or external walls, it is necessary to choose the desired option plaster, which will serve you for a long enough period, and will not fall off as soon as possible.
What kind of plaster is better? To date, the country's industrial market, has a very large assortment of building mixes different in composition and quality, each of which is intended for their own purposes. The main thing is what you should use when choosing a plaster, in order to achieve the desired result in the end, it was originally commissioned to consider rationally-budget deal with brand suppliers and the classification of mixtures, whether it's finishing internal or external walls. Next, let's talk about the three basic directions among the plaster and mortar.
This type of plaster, abbreviated (DSP), isa very popular type of building mixes among the builders. It boasts a very democratic prices, as well as the tangible potential in interior decoration. This mixture consists of fine sandstone and thickeners - lime. Using DSP - you can easily do the repair floor screed, but also finally put in order carelessly posited builders masonry.
Do not underestimate the negative properties of the solution, t. To. In the process of drying it gives a certain shrinkage.
In case you need to apply a layerthickness of more than 50 mm, should be made of such a thick coating of plaster bowl in two steps. Otherwise, it can to serious cracks after drying. As for minuses DSP, it should be noted here its low strength - less durable (M100), the lack of moisture resistance and fragility. The main drawback, of course, is the low ductility ratio compared to other plasters. Also prohibited TsPSom thin layer plastering.
As for the tricks of life, in order,to increase the strength of the mixture can be added to a certain amount of cement solution, which also increases the cost of the plaster. But to reduce the mixture in the price, the solution can be diluted clay.
For interior decoration, it isversatile and easy way for the construction work. It consists of gypsum binders, with the use of a certain amount of fillers. This type of plaster is very easy to use. It is characterized by a high degree of plasticity, strength and ability to quickly dry out. The plaster solution should be applied in layers. At a time of 30-50 mm (the amount depends on the quality of the mixture itself). Moisture resistance plaster average. The disadvantage in this case is only the cost, t. To. It will be more expensive as a DSP and a cement plaster. Advantages of working with this plaster will be the possibility of applying even minimal layers that maximizes the smoothness of surfaces. "Gypsum" and sometimes even does not need putty.
Each professional builders know thatThis mixture, in any case can not be used in buildings and structures where increased humidity. If it is applied, it will certainly begin to swell and crumble. This embodiment relates to the premises in which the moisture level exceeds 70% mark. Simply put, for bathrooms and kitchens it simply can not be used. But it would be unfair to this kind of mixes, not to mention the fact that on sale there and waterproof plaster mixture.
Summing up all that is written above, it can beconcluded that this plaster in the most rational use for the repair of the walls in the bedrooms and guest rooms. In 90% of cases it is used for finishing the ceilings, t. To. This mixture dries quickly.
Pros use of gypsum plasters
- This plaster contains pores through them, if you inadvertently sudden flood, will leave the moisture. After a couple of days on the ceiling, you will not see a trace of moisture.
- Gypsum products are relevant in prefabricated houses, t. To. This type have a high level of noise and heat insulation.
- Effectively smoothes irregularities of the walls.
- Provided by excellent quality and versatility. For this reason it has become quite popular among the masters.
Among the disadvantages can be identified as follows:
- Very quickly it dries - have to be used quickly, without mixing with large volumes.
- The high price - it all depends on each budget, but many complain about it.
- Inherent shrinkage after application.
- "He does not like to connect" with metal structures, so please refrain from the use of its data sheet.
This kind of mixture is intended for finishinginterior. They stand out for their durability, strength, ductility, crack resistance and an increased level of moisture resistance. The solution is based on cement plaster - it is widely used for decoration of places with high humidity, but also in areas where there is no heating.
The main ingredient is cement mixtures -sandstone. Ready solution with the addition of medium sandstone in its composition, is capable of applying the plaster layer of more than 5 cm, but only if you use it together with reinforcing mesh. When using fine sand, the mixture can be used exclusively for finishing the surfaces with a thin layer.
This kind of plaster rationallyuse in living rooms and in the bathrooms, kitchen, garage, front occupations. Over the past 25 years, environmentalists have been very active to express their point of view and from the 90s prove the harm of this type of finish for the health, it is necessary to listen to and not to use it in the sleeping quarters.
Advantages of plaster:
- Low price.
- The wide availability and unlimited choice of (its actually made at home with their own hands, to make the order at the factory or purchase mixture in dry form).
- Wide range of applications, for both internal and external walls.
- Temperature resistance and moisture protection.
- For a long time hardening mixture that makes working with it for a long time.
- Not stable in tandem with the concrete.
- Heavy work productivity (even professional master is able to carry with this plaster for a long time to process at least a small portion of the wall).
- It is also not recommended its use in places of contact with wood floors and walls.
- The low degree of environmental friendliness.
Let us examine this in the example of cement plastermixes - from the above, we now know that the best choice for roughing the preparation will be a mixture of these. Due to the fact that this type of high duration of use, durability, and with the ability to use a technically difficult process - where necessary resistance to constant humidity and temperature changes.
That should be followed when working with construction mixtures:
- Operating temperature in the room is required to be in the range of 5 - 30 C.
- Progruntovka surface before work is an essential advantage.
- Before applying the next layer is necessary to wait for the complete drying of the surface.
- If you have no experience in applying the plaster, you should start with a small portion of the wall, while the use of the flashing profiles.
Do not forget the main rule:
- Facing the choice of the plaster, you must clearlyunderstand and take into account all the possible points (prospective application layer, room humidity and so on. d.). It is important not to forget that the mixture can be both for manual and for machine application.
- Use the documentation and advice from the manufacturer. They will be very useful in the preparation of the mixture, and it is not necessary to exceed the production of the solution and remember the treated surface must be fully tipped against stains and dirt, in addition coated with acrylic or possibly primer with quartz sand.
- If you need to apply a thick layerplaster, it needs to be done in several "approaches" to the complete drying of the previous layer prior to application of next layer. Importantly, the first layer must be high in combination cement to enable it to subsequent firm foothold.
What is the best mortar - cement, sand, plaster or cement yet?
The answer to this question would be - each. So how bad it may be any if it is prepared and used not according to the rules and regulations. The indicator is also the expiry date. Do not buy plaster for a month before it expires.
The decisive answer to the question what kind of plasterIt is the best, very difficult to say, because it is a purely personal matter, because one important factor is the pricing and for other qualities and here anyway, a man with a small budget will never buy an expensive plaster, as it is neither adore.
Despite this, the plaster on the basis of plaster allIt is also the most preferred among the customers who want to upgrade the internal walls of the rooms. Cement also choose to work on external objects. The main thing is if the starting point during your repair is already scheduled, even with the choice of the plaster, you will never go wrong!